Frequently Asked Questions

1. How can I apply for a position in your school system?

Click on the Application Process link on the left.

2. How do I apply for a position in the After School Program?

Submit an application on-line and contact the School's ASP Director.

3. How long is my application on file?

Applications are kept on file for one year.

4. I would like to become a teacher. What is required to become a teacher?

Visit the Certification section at www.gapsc.com.

5. What happens after my resume and cover letter is received for the posted position?

The school or department reviews the application and selects candidates to interview.

6. What is the difference in a classified and certified employee?

Certified employees are required to have certifications to be eligible for employment.

7. When I see a posted classified position, how do I apply?

You must complete an application on-line and attach your application to the specific job posting.

8. Where can I find information on current openings in Douglas County?

Click on the Job Vacancies/Postings link on the left.

9. Where can I get a substitute application?

Applications are available on-line.

10. As a new employee, when would I be eligible for benefits?

All new employees are eligible for insurance on the first day of the month following 31 days of employment.

11. When are changes allowed in my benefits?

Changes are allowed during 31 days of your new hire enrollment, during open enrollment once a year, and within 31 days of a qualifying event.

What is a qualifying event?

Qualifying event of family status changes include: https://shawhankinsbenefits.net/dcs/qualifying-life-events/

13. What guidelines are used for awarding experience for certified employees?

Please refer to the state guidelines.

14. Where do I go to be fingerprinted?

Human Resource Department at the Central Office.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.